Friday, October 3, 2008

World championships in Varese, Italy




Being part of the National team competing in Varese was a big opportunity.

I was really looking forward to this event. Being able to participate and compare yourself against the best in the world is the ideal opportunity to see where you are and where you have to be.

Unfortunately I got ill there and couldn’t get my body to pull itself together. Knowing that I maybe shouldn’t have started the race, but I know from previous experience’s I will regret it more if I don’t at least try.

After the 3rd lap I got dropped and pulled off. I didn’t really see the point in continuing. It might have hurt my body as well but I was too disappointed in myself to carry on.

Being able to see Italy on the other hand was great. The first few days I only saw my bedroom walls. Thursday I felt better and was able to ride my bike a bit. We stayed in Castelleta, at the bottom of Lake Varese. I did most of my rides a long side the lake. It was a beautiful picture to see the lake framed with mountains.



No comments: