Monday, February 16, 2009

For this past weekend’s racing I travelled to Bultfontein, not the one in the Free State but just outside Pretoria...

At a place called Babba’s Lodge, they host a series called the Vi-T-Go series, where a race is held monthly. The racing offers three distances you can choose from, a 10km, 35km or 70km (2laps). It’s a small event mainly focused on a fun day out for the family. Professional riders also enjoy the race, giving them the opportunity to race a bit and in my case improve technical skills.
The day before the event I went for a MTB ride to brush up on some technical skills. I got some advice on how to ride rocky downhills, single track and mainly how to handle your bike off road. It gave me a lot of confidence for the race and it was great to apply what I’ve learned the day before.


To make my day even more rewarding I managed to get first place for my team (DCM -Chrome).

No comments: