Monday, September 5, 2011

Nissan TrailSeeker #3, Down &Dirty

This past Saturday team bizhub took part in the 3rd event of the Nissan Trailseeker Series.

The event was held at the Cornwall Hill College in Irene, Pretoria. The cycle friendly venue made for a pleasant atmosphere as riders started and finished on the school’s athletic field. This gave family and friends the opportunity to cheer riders on while sitting on the grand stand, or underneath an umbrella, next to the field whilst sipping on a cold beverage -Yes summer is (finally!) upon us!

The Nissan TrailSeeker Series is currently the biggest series in Gauteng and this was quite evident when looking at the strong field who took to the start line.
The fairly flat 70km route consisted mainly of jeep track and district roads in and around Centurion. Despite it being a great summer’s day, the strong August wind was sure to make for a challenge out on course.

During the first 5km of the race I found myself racing alongside Yolande Speedy (Team MTN/Qhuebeka) and Theresa Ralph. On a long drag into a head wind I managed to open a small gap on them and it only grew from there as I managed to sustain my pace whilst battling the blustery conditions.

At the end I managed to maintain my lead over Yolande and took the Victory at Nissan Trailseeker Down & Dirty. I was really pleased with my performance and very happy to capture my first win at a Nissan Trailseeker event this year.

Yolande Speedy had a great ride coming back from her injury to finish in 2nd place with Theresa Ralph rounding off the podium in 3rd place.

Final Results

1st Yolandi du Toit (Team Bizhub)
2nd Yolande Speedy (Team MTN/ Qhuebeka)
3rd Theresa Ralph
4th Samantha Saanders (Team Mankele)
5th Nicci Grobler (Team Bizhub)





1 comment:

Neil said...

Congratulations on your victory, are you doing the GR 300 next year?