Tuesday, July 15, 2008



OLEN 1.15 Dames Elite - Open omloop

It’s been a while back since I’ve done my last Criterium.

I wasn’t sure what to suspect. Only knew that no matter what happens, at least it will help improve my sprinting abilities.

It was an 80 km (17 x 4, 7 km) race, for my team it’s important to get results in their local races.

I think our team controlled the race really well. In criteriums it’s always hard to predict which break will stay away so it’s important to have a rider in every break.

The last lap was very exciting.

There where 2 riders in front, followed by a group of 6 riders that got away on the 2nd last lap and then our group.


The small group got brought back 1km to go, and as we started sprinting the 2 in front just managed to keep their 1st and 2nd place by only 5 seconds.

I found myself in a good position for the sprint and finished 7th

1.15 Dames Elite - Open omloop

Aantal deelnemers: 81

1. WYMAN HELEN SWIFT RACING 02:06:00

2. DECROIX Lieselot LOTTO BELISOL Ladies team

3. DE VUYST Sofie TOPSPORT VLAANDEREN

4. DE CLERCQ Mieke KSV DEERLIJK GAVERZICHT VZW

5. BRULEE Latoya AA-Drink Cycling Team

6. VERBEKE Grace LOTTO BELISOL Ladies team

7. DU TOIT yolandi LOTTO BELISOL Ladies team

8. HARRIS NIKKI WIELERTEAM DE SPRINTERS

9. DEBBOUDT Lensy KEUKENS REDANT CYCLING TEAM

10. BEYEN Lien SWIFT RACING TEAM


No comments: