Friday, July 11, 2008

Training Camp in Bourg d'oison

Training in the Alps was for me the highlight of all my European seasons so far.


I’ve seen the g
uys in the tour de France riding up the climes.

But never ever in my whole life did I even dream about riding up


the climbs myself.

The training camp is finished and going back my body feels extremely tired,

and my heart extremely sad.

I fell in love with the mountains and wouldn’t mind staying there for the rest of my life.
We spend 6days on our bikes with a rest day in the middle.

Friday-3h ( clime of avg 1173m, 4%)


Saturday-4h (clime of avg 1440m, 5%)





















Sunday-4h
(clime of avg 1026m, 5.8%+ clime of avg 950m, 3%

























Monday- Rest

Tuesday -6:30h( clime of avg 1369m 5% + clime of avg 1130m 6.6%)

























Wednesday-3h (clime of avg 970m,7% + 9km clime of avg 1165m, 5%)
























Thursday-3h (famous Alp d’huez 14km clime Avg 1302m, 8.6%)

























Although most of the climes has an average gradient between 5-7% you do get pieces were the gradient is around 9% for a few kilometres.


Since I’ve been using the
Garmin 705 and a powertap my training has been exciting again.


I could get all the above information and more from my Garmin. This helps explaining my power output on my power files.

It’s important to go back and look what you’ve done in trainings;

it keeps you motivated and increases your performance.


It was a good training week and I hope that I will benefit from this in my tours to come.

No comments: