Monday, July 7, 2008




The Alps is even more beautiful than what I ever imagined it could be. I came here for training with my cycling team of 2006 (Team Swift).


We are staying in a little town at the bottom of alp d’huez, called Bourg d’Oisans


The town might sound familiar because the Tour de France goes through it every year.

We are staying in a campsite in a nice big campervan. Swift makes campervans and being the main sponsor of the team, they got sponsored a real fancy one. And it’s only me, the manager and his wife staying in it.



Waking up every morning surrounded by mountains, having breakfast outside is the best way to start ones dayJ.


Since we got here we kind of got into a routine. First we have breakfast and then we go training, come back have a shower and lunch. Then we walk into town, have a coffee, go to the supermarket and buy dinner. When we get back we do 30 min of ball work or yoga. Then we make and have dinner. And end the evening with playing a board game.

The training so far has been great.

After they’ve done my cleat and bike setup my knees is feeling their old self again.



Bike setup is really important, and also to find the right person to do it! Here in the
Alps aren’t any flat roads so you are most of the time either climbing or descending.

Since I’ve been here I haven’t done a clime that’s under an hour.


I love it because you can’t cheat on trainings, every ride has been hard and the time passes quickly.

Also the view while we are riding is amazing. It’s so beautiful it looks unreal.



I’ll be training here till Thursday, and then we will head back to the completely flat part of
Europe J (Belgium)

Another thing that made my week extra special was my little sister who was riding the Eric Van enter she broke a away on one of the stages and got her first big win

No comments: