Sunday, June 15, 2008


Induna Classic

Over the weekend I travelled down to Hazyview for Induna classic (Mazda Series #3).

It was my last MTB race before I leave for Europe.

The Laeveld must be the most beautiful place for cycling, especially mountain biking. And I realized this again over the weekend. The scenery was absolutely breath taking.

It was a challenging route that traverses scenic plantations on forestry roads and incorporates some single-track and river crossings.

My most memorable moment of the race is the hanging bridge we had to go over, I almost did bridge jumping or rather diving for the first time, without a rope J

The first 40km was the technical part with the single track’s and river crossings. I went quite slow struggling with my head, I kept on telling myself that I’m not good on technical parts and ended up losing 7min on the leading girls. I will have to work on myself.

Think the fact that I’m also starting the Le grand boucle feminine on Tuesday played a big role. I didn’t want to crash and miss out on the tour.

The second half of the race I road much better and made up some of the lost time but it wasn’t enough to catch up with leading girls. And finished 3rd overall

1st Tanya Raats

2nd Carla Rawley

3rd Yolandi du Toit

Today, 15th of June, I am leaving for Europe to join my European based team (Lotto-bellisol). My first race as I mentioned is the Le Grande Boucle Feminine (17/06-22/06)

Starting in Gent and finishing in France. Will keep you up to date with my racing abroad

No comments: