Monday, June 30, 2008


After La Grande boucle feminine, I am struggling a lot with my knees. I’ve been riding easy and even took some days completely off. But it just doesn’t seem to be getting any better.

I only got an appointment for a proper bike setup on Friday, last week. And with my knee’s not feeling 100% I decided not to do the Belgium national criterium on Sunday. Also because my next big Races for July are:

Tour de Bretagne feminine – 16.07.2008- 20.07.2008

Tour feminine en Limousin – 24.07.2008-27.07.2008

And I want to be 100% going into them. This week I will be taking it easy again, seeing someone to do my cleats properly on Thursday as well. Then everything will hopefully be going better from there.


One thing that I truly enjoyed last week was my GARMIN 705. Before I came over Jason Theunissen, Owner of Team Garmin, gave me European maps for it. I am staying at the moment in Tielt-Winge, Belgium, and actually stayed here for 6 month’s in 2006 also. And with my Garmin I was able to train on roads I’ve never even seen before. It is incredible. I would just ride in a direction, get completely lost then just press- Navigate to Start- and it would take me straight home where I started. It even tells me the distance so I can decide if I want to carry on where ever I am heading or if its time to head home.





I love training in Europe now, it’s a whole new experience. If I see a road that goes through a lovely forest or something I can just go on it and enjoy my ride without stressing about getting lost because there isn’t any road sign’s around the follow.

If you are planning to come to Europe get one! It’s a wonderful experience going anywhere you want.

No comments: